Name: Kelli Shultz
Major: Marketing Management
Year: Senior (December 2013)
Location (Hometown): Green, OH
Organizations: Pi Sigma Epsilon
Hobbies: Running, spending time with friends and family, my dog Jaxon, and traveling.
Get Connected with Kelli on LinkedIn
1. What drove you to get involved on campus: I wanted to get a well-rounded college experience, network, and gain professional experience—which is why I got involved in organizations through the College of Business. I have gotten to work with some great students, professors, and professionals from the Akron area.
2. Why is being a leader in campus valuable: Becoming a leader amongst your peers allows for you to truly develop team work skills and has prepared me greatly for my post-college endeavors.
3. What qualities make you a leader: Confidence, persistence, and the ability to work with team members to meet collective goals is what I believe makes me a leader. I have a “whatever it takes” attitude with each project I take on. Also, I am very outgoing and not afraid to share my ideas and take criticism.
4. What are you involved in: I am currently the VP of Marketing for PSE, the co-ed sales and marketing business fraternity on campus. Through PSE, I have led various projects on campus such as “Run the Roo” 5K this spring-set for April 27th.
5. What is your passion: Event planning, project marketing, and entrepreneurial projects. I love seeing the “big picture” but also knowing that every little detail counts to see a project through the ups and downs until it’s successfully completed.
6. What are your goals for the future: When I graduate in December, I hope to begin a career in consumer marketing to get some corporate experience before going into business on my own. Having a business of my own is a dream I’ve had for as long as I can remember.
7. What book has inspired you or taught you the most: Recently, I read “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” on financial intelligence and it taught me a lot about the different ways to approach wealth, investments, risks, and money. There was a lot of good advice from the author that anyone could use—highly recommended!
8. Can you tell be the importance of working as a team, being a team leader: Like a puzzle, everyone plays a vital part in a successful team. Utilizing people’s strengths, and building each other up, is the most effective way to reach your goals-both personally and as a team. The best teams that I have worked in were formed from self-motivated, diligent people who could articulate their ideas and visions to the entire team. A team leader must be able to move everyone in the direction of that vision!